To The Friends of Albion Millennium Green
Apologies for the lack of communication on my part but the Summer has been a busy one. Although we achieved a great deal on The Green this year, it is important that we maintain momentum.
It has been a good year for the Green. Notably:
1. the first ticketed event; The Bedlam Bunch kids shows
2. May Day and the planting of 13 fruit trees
3. Paths have been kept clear of foliage
4. Increase in species diversity including the rare Jersey Tiger Moth
5. Interactive Google Map with 1500 hits.
There is always more to do.
I attended the Forest Hill Society Environment and Leisure (E&L) Committee Meeting, The FH Soc AGM is to be held on Thursday next, 21st October, at The Hob where Quetta will give a brief report on the E & L Committee including a report on The Green.
A few issues relating to the green were raised at the E & L committee and I think we need a meeting of Friends of the Green to discuss these and other issues.
- possible dew pond – contact with Devonshire Road’s Nigel Kersey,
- Nature’s Gym tidy up day,
- limited liability notice for gate,
- fund-raising for boundary fencing/planting.
- Development of “Friends of AMG.”?
How about a meeting on Thursday 28th October at 7.30 in the All In One?